Update (March 30, 2012):
A fellow Pinoy shared his/her experience at the NBI Main Office at UN Avenue, Click here to read about it.
Tips regarding application/renewal have been imparted by an NBI personnel. Click here to read the tips.
Keep posting your tips and experiences as comments, guys! We appreciate it. Malaking tulong po.
My NBI Clearance has not expired yet, so I’m not so updated with info regarding the new system (if there’s any). I’ll surely update this blog entry with my new experience once I go to NBI again.
Update (November 30, 2011):
According to a visitor who posted a comment, due to a system reset by NBI, all processes will only be for acquiring new NBI clearances and no more renewals, which means it will take at least one month to process. If any of you receive your NBI clearance in less than a month please let us know. Thanks.
Update (November 2011):
Based on visitor comments we can say that some branches release the NBI clearance within one day (or after a week if you get a hit) and some do so in a month or several months.
Update (July 16, 2011): I have been told that there’s no longer a Monumento branch, and that it’s been moved to Robinson’s Place, Ermita.
We went to Victory Central Mall today to get our NBI Clearance. The NBI Clearance Center is located at the 5th floor of Victory Central Mall, Old Victory Compound, Rizal Avenue, Monumento, Caloocan City.
I must say that the Monumento branch has a very organized process. It took us less than 2 hours to finish. Try going there as early as you can so there are less people.
There are other branches where you can apply for or renew your NBI Clearance aside from the one at Monumento. Scroll farther down to see lists of other NBI Clearance Centers.
The following photos were the postings at the NBI Clearance Center. If you find the writings in these hard to read, there’s a text version available below the photos.
Who will get an application form for NBI Clearance?
- First time applicant
- Lost personal copy of old NBI Clearance
- Photo-copy of old NBI Clearance
- Renewal (Single) for change of civil status (applicable for female only)
- Renewal subject for correction
NBI Clearance Renewal
- Applicants for renewal (original copy only) – subject is present, with or without changes of address and purpose may proceed to Step 1 Data Check then to Renewal Kiosk or proceed to Step 2 Payment, and then to Renewal Kiosk (Image Capture)
- Inside the processing area, proceed to Step 2 Payment
- Please proceed to renewal kiosk for Image Capture
- Application for no hit remark, please proceed to releasing section to claim your NBI CHS. Cert. and have your right thumb print.
- Application with hit remarks are advised to come back at the specified date indicated in your O.R.
How to apply for an NBI Clearance
- Get an application form (FPC – Finger Print Card) at the distributor’s desk
- Proceed to fill up area
- Submit your filled up application to Step 1 – Data Check
- Proceed to applicant’s lane near the entrance
- Step 2 – Payment for application inside the processing area
- Step 3 – Fingerprinting
- Step 4 – Image Capture
- Step 5 – Data Entry – Quick Search
- All applications with no hit remarks proceed to releasing section
- All applications with hit remarks schedule for release
The following are extra information.
How much does the NBI Clearance cost?
The price depends on the purpose of application:
- Naturalization, Cancellation of ACR, Repatriation – P415.00
- Change of Name, Business License, NFA, SEC, TBC, Adoption, POEA, PRA Requirement, Permit to Carry Firearm – P165
- Travel Abroad, Immigration Req., Visa Seaman, Marriage Requirement – P115.00
- Local Employment, Customs Pass, Enlistment AFP, DND, DOT Req., ID Purposes and Other Requirement – P115.00
What are the requirements?
2 Valid ID’s, original copy of old NBI clearance if you are renewing, and your presence. You need to go there in person because they need take a photo of you and your fingerprints.
What are considered valid I.D.’s?
Voter’s I.D., Postal I.D., SSS I.D., GSIS I.D., PRC License , Driver’s License, Company I.D, Valid Passport, ACR (for aliens), Senior Citizen I.D., Philhealth I.D., Student ID
When will you get the NBI Clearance?
Your NBI Clearance will be released the same day you apply for in, UNLESS there is a “hit”! You will find out when you can claim your NBI Clearance on Step 5 – Data Entry. They will place a mark at the back of your receipt, and it’s either without hit (you proceed to releasing area) or with hit.
What is a “hit”?
When you get a “hit” it probably means you share the same name with somebody else. You will have to come back after a week to either claim your NBI Clearance or be interviewed. Refer to the mark at the back of your receipt for the date you have to come back to the NBI Clearance Center.
I actually had a “hit”. It sucks because I have to go to Monumento again next week.
How long is an NBI Clearance valid?
The validity of your NBI Clearance lasts for one year.
NBI Clearance Center Branches
Satellite Offices for Application and Renewal
- Quezon City Satellite Office (Quezon City Hall)
- Marikina Satellite Office (Marikina Riverbanks)
- Mandaluyong Satellite Office (Mandaluyong City Hall)
- Las Pinas Satellite Offce (Las Pinas City Hall)
- Muntinlupa Satellite Office (Alabang Market)
NBI Clearance “RENEWAL” Kiosks
- Park Square I, Makati City
- SM MEGAMALL, Mandaluyong City
- Tutuban Central Mall, Divisioria, Manila
- Porta Vaga Mall, Baguio City
- Gaisano Mall, Iloilo City
- Robinson’s Mall, Cebu City
- Robinson’s Mall, Cagayan de Oro City
- Talisay City, Cebu
NBI Regional and District Offices
1) Cordillera Autonomous Regional Office, Baguio City
2) Ilocos Regional Office, San Fernando, La Union
3) Cagayan Valley Regional Office, Tuguegarao City
4) Central Luzon Regional Office, San Fernando, Pampanga
5) CALABARZON Regional Office, Batangas City
6) MIMAROPA Regional Office, Calapan, Oriental Mindoro
7) Bicol Regional Office, Naga City
8 ) Eastern Visayas Regional office, Tacloban City
9) Central Visayas Regional Office, Cebu City
10) Western Visayas Regional Office, Iloilo City
11) Northeastern Mindanao Regional Office, Cagayan de Oro
12) Southeastern Mindanao Regional Office, Davao City
13) Central Mindanao Regional Office, Koronadal, So Cotabato
14) Western Mindanao Regional Office, Zamboanga City
15) CARAGA Regional Office, Butuan City
16) Autonomous Region for Muslim Mindanao, Cotabato City
17) Laoag District Office, Laoag City, Ilocos Norte
18 ) Vigan District Office, Vigan, Ilocos Sur
19) Dagupan District Office, Dagupan City, Pangasinan
20) Bayombong District Office, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya
21) Isabela District Office, Ilagan, Isabela
22) Olongapo District Office, Olongapo City, Zambales
23) Cabanatuan District Office, Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija
24) Tarlac District Office, Tarlac City, Tarlac
25) Bulacan District Office, Plaridel, Bulacan
26) Cavite District Office, Tagaytay City, Cavite
27) Laguna District office, Sta Rosa, Laguna
28 ) Lucena District Office, Lucena City, Quezon Province
29) Puerto Princesa District Office, Puerto Princesa, Palawan
30) Legaspi District Office, Legaspi City, Albay
31) Bacolod District Office, Bacolod City
32) Dumaguete District Office, Dumaguete, Negros Oriental
33) Samar District Office, Catbalogan City, Eastern Samar
34) Dipolog District Office,
35) Pagadian District Office
36) Iligan District Office
37) Tagum District Office
38) Saranggani District Office
Other NBI Satellite Offices
1) Los Banos Satellite Office, Los Banos, Laguna
2) Marilao Satellite Office, Marilao, Bulacan
3) Montalban Satellite Office, Montalban/Rodriguez, Rizal
4) Caloocan Satellite Office, Caloocan City Hall
5) Valenzuela Satellite Office, Valenzuela City
6) Taytay Satellite Office, Taytay, Rizal
7) Philippine Retirement Authority, Makati City
8 ) Philippine Overseas Employment Administration
9) Alaminos Satellite Office, Alaminos, Pangasinan
10) Imus Satellite Office, Imus, Cavite
11) Lipa Satellite Office, Lipa City, Batangas
12) San Pablo Satellite Office, San Pablo City, Laguna
13) Kalibo Satellite Office, Kalibo, Akalan
14) Bohol Satellite Office, Tagbilaran City, Bohol