THIS is probably the best so far low carb recipe that I’ve tried!
These tuna patties are very tasty and satisfying, and you don’t even have to buy fresh tuna fish. They taste amazing even with canned tuna. Tastes
425 grams canned tuna, drained
3 beaten eggs
1/4 cup red onion, minced
18 pcs pork rinds (chicharon), crushed
4 cloves garlic, minced
Italian seasoning (or combine dried rosemary, basil, oregano)
red pepper flakes (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying
- Drain tuna completely then place it in a big bowl
- Add to tuna: onion, pork rind, eggs, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, plus an amount salt and pepper that you think will suffice
- Mix well and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties. It’s easier to just use your clean hands
- Caution: oil splatters when you fry these so be careful!
- Heat up the oil in a large pan then fry each side of tuna patty for 3-4 minutes per side
- Make sure to brown each side nicely, but not blacken it. The browning gives a nice crunch, and the crunch is what makes these patties really delicious.
These tuna patties are very low in carb, very tasty that they’re not like food for a diet, and very simple to make… and so I’m surely gonna make these again!
Recipe adapted from Tuna Cakes recipe from Butter is not a Carb.
I’ll surely try this too: Mini Tuna Melt