An acquaintance applied for a National Statistics Office (NSO) Birth Certificate delivery service online at their website, and I just wanna share on this blog entry how it went.
Before anything else, this is not an official NSO website, and that everything that is written here is based on someone’s experience as he applied for an NSO birth certificate. So, your own experience with the online application for NSO birth certificate delivery service may or may not be different from what is written here.
NSO Birth Certificate Delivery Service Requirements
- Online (live chat) or phone call application
- Birth certificate information and other personal information of the birth certificate’s owner (click to jump to info needed)
- Payment for NSO birth certificate after acquiring a reference number
- Valid ID with picture for receiving the birth certificate on the day it’s delivered to you
Cost / Fee / Amount of Payment for NSO Birth Certificate Delivery Service
So, how much does the NSO birth certificate delivery service cost? 330 pesos is charged for each copy of an NSO birth certificate. This already includes delivery charge. Please note that processing is 2 – 3 working days after payment. So it is best to pay soon after getting the reference number.
Now I’ll talk about the experience with NSO’s delivery service. It might give people curious about the process/sytem some idea how it goes.
NSO Birth Certificate Delivery – Options for Application / Request
There are two options: Call 737-1111 or do a live chat with a Customer Care Officer. If you prefer typing over speaking to an NSO representative, I suggest you for the live chat.
Required birth certificate info before the live chat with NSO representative
Before actually chatting with an NSO representative, the applicant was asked for the following info:
Part 1 of NSO’s required info
- Purpose of certificate request
- Relationship to the certificate owner you are applying for
- Salutation (Mr or Ms/Mrs)
- First, Middle and Last Name
- Person who will receive the certificate you are applying for (if not yourself, the person’s first, middle and last name will be required)
- Question: Was this certificate applied for previously from the NSO?
- Question: Was there any correction or legal proceedings like adoption, legitimation, or court hearing?
- Question: Was the birth late registered?
- Question: Was there any endorsement done on the certificate?
Part 2 of NSO’s required info
- Name on Birth Certificate – First, Middle, and Last Name
A note from NSO: “Please type the name as it appears in the Birth Certificate you are requesting. Please note that this has to exactly match how it’s spelled in the certificate.”
- Birth Right (legitimate or illegitimate)
- Birth Day
- Birth Place
- Father’s first, middle, and last name
- Mother’s first, middle, and last name
- Complete delivery address
- Phone and Mobile Number
- Email Address
After filling all the info above, you will have to wait for an NSO representative who is available to assist you with your NSO birth certificate delivery request.
Depending on the availability of the NSO customer care officers, you will have to wait about 5-10 minutes.
The live chat with an NSO representative for birth certificate delivery:
The representative might as you to hold for a moment as your application is verified. It can take around 3 minutes.
Then you’ll be asked:
- “How many copies would you like to request?”
- “Is the Place of Birth in <insert-name-of-city-here>?”
- “For verification, did you undergo any correction or legal proceedings like adoption, legitimation, court hearing for your birth certificate?”
- Is the delivery address you provide your residential address?
Please take note that if you went through any correction or legal proceedings (adoption, legitimation, court hearing) which changed some information in your birth certificate, you will be asked “Is this your first time to request at NSO after the legal proceeding?”
If it is your first time to request an NSO birth certificate after the legal proceeding, the application should be done at NSO Main office which is located in East Avenue. This is to make sure that the copy you’ll get is the one with REMARKS/ANNOTATION of legitimation already.
To the left of the chat window is your online application form. Check all the information entered on that form. If anything is incorrect, ask the NSO representative to amend it.
After all information verification with the NSO representative, you will get the notification:
This application is now ready for submission. Please review the Application Form and click Accept when ready.
And after clicking on the ACCEPT button, you will get your reference number for the NSO birth certificate online application:
Application is successful. Your Reference Number is XXXXXXXXXX
Reminders for online request of NSO birth certificate delivery service
Following are some reminders from the NSO representative regarding the delivery of the NSO birth certificate which was requested online:
- Please take note of your reference number.
- You may pay online using your Credit Card or Bancnet, please go to http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/pay/online.
- You may also pay at any Metrobank branch.
- Please fill-out green payment slip at any Metrobank branch *Company Name: NSO Helpline Plus *Reference No: 10-digit reference no. *Customer’s Name: *Amount:
- For more information on payment procedures, Please go to: http://nso.citizenservices.com.ph/info/payment
- Processing is 2 – 3 working days after payment.
- Please present one valid original ID to 2GO upon delivery.
- If not available, recipient should leave an Authorization Letter and one original valid ID to the authorized representative with valid ID as well.
- Delivery for residential areas is Monday to Saturday from 9am to 7pm.
- To check status of application, you may visit our website anytime.
- Please settle the amount for immediate processing of application. Thank you.
My acquaintance still has to pay for the NSO birth certificate request and then wait for the delivery, so I shall update this blog entry about a week from now. Check back soon!
UPDATE: I said I would update this entry a week from the application date, but I forgot! Sorry. The NSO birth certificate was brought by 2GO to my friend’s doorstep before January 27, 2012. That’s less than a week of wait.
UPDATE (June 28, 2013): I ordered a copy of NSO Birth Certificate for my mother last Friday, June 21, and paid for it around 2PM. The posting of the payment was done the next day, Saturday. On Monday, June 24, the request was submitted to NSO for processing. The NSO-authenticated birth certificate was delivered to us on Tuesday. That was very fast! Delivery was done a day before earliest expected time.